Welcome to our what’s in the bag series!
What’s up my friends! Jeremy Weiss here with Weiss Tech Hockey, and welcome back to our “What’s in the Bag?” series. This is where I’m going through my Weiss Tech Essentials and showing you all the tools that I use as a coach with my own teams.
This series is on-going… so click the link below for the full Table of Contents.
This coaching tool isn’t technically “In the Bag…” But it’s an absolute essential from my perspective. I’m talking about CoachThem, a computerized drill diagrammer and practice planner that will skyrocket your effectiveness and efficiency as a coach!
- Simple but Powerful – just two main pages, all the tools are packed into an intuitive interface
- Use it on Any Device – No plug-ins, nothing to download. You can plan your practices wherever, whenever.
- Draw Once, Keep Forever – With simple drawing tools, you can spend more time doing what matters. Draw once and keep it online forever.
- A Sharing Community – At the click of a button, easily connect with the coaches you know, whether they’re down the street or across the country.
Why do I use and recommend CoachThem?:
- IT MAKES ME A BETTER COACH – Organizing development is arguably a coach’s biggest job. CoachThem makes it much easier to stay organized and keep your players improving at an optimal pace.
- EASY TO USE – CoachThem’s user interface is intuitive and easy to use. This lets me quickly diagram new drills and edit existing drills.
- TIME SAVER – CoachThem saves me hours in practice planning time each week. I can build new practice plans or repurpose old ones in no time.
- INSPIRATION FOR NEW DRILLS – CoachThem comes preloaded with many awesome drills. I tap into my shared libraries all the time when looking for new ways of teaching a concept.
- TAGGING – Often drills fit into more than one development category… for example, a drill could be a passing drill, AND a timing drill, AND a shooting drill. CoachThem lets you tag a drill with everything it features. Then you can sort by tag based on your needs as you plan your practice.
- CONTINUED DEVELOPMENT – CoachThem is still actively developing the product and releasing new features. I’ve been using it since 2018, and it just keeps getting better.
If you’re looking to improve your coaching, and create fun practices that boost development to new levels, then CoachThem is a must.
Again, go to Table of Contents page for this series, and you’ll see all the other products… Everything that is in my very own coaching bag. By the end of this you’ll have seen everything I use in my coaching, and the reasons why I’m using each item.
Hope it helps! See you in the next video!
Jeremy Weiss (with his translator) presenting at a hockey coaching symposium for the Russian Federation in Moscow—2018.
Who is Jeremy Weiss?
Hockey coach and international consultant, Jeremy Weiss, has worked with thousands of coaches worldwide since 2008 to help produce championship teams at every age and skill level.
He is known internationally through the work he has done online. In 2008 he invented “digital chalktalks” which combined screen sharing with drill diagramming software, to produce a training experience nobody had ever seen before. His YouTube following quickly grew to over 19,000 subscribers, and he has produced over 130 training videos.
Jeremy runs a development blog for coaches, which has over 280 posts. He is the author of 10 hockey books for coaches, and is the editor of Hockey Development Magazine.
He was trained in the Eastern European style as a pre-teen, by his Czechoslovakian skills coach, and competed internationally as a “Wexford Raider” among the top youth hockey programs in the world including Russia, Czechoslovakia, Finland, and top teams in his home province Ontario, Canada.
He majored in Exercise Sciences at Brigham Young University, and subsequently worked as a Personal Trainer, where he continued to study and develop ideal training methods for hockey.
He has incorporated the very best pieces from the various training styles he has been involved in, and has built a world-class off-ice strength and conditioning program that fits the specific needs of hockey players.