Welcome to our what’s in the bag series!
What’s up my friends! Jeremy Weiss here with Weiss Tech Hockey, and welcome back to our “What’s in the Bag?” series. This is where I’m going through my Weiss Tech Essentials and showing you all the tools that I use as a coach with my own teams.
This series is on-going… so click the link below for the full Table of Contents.
In this video I want to show you a tool I’ve kept in my bag for years… Extra shooting targets! But not just any targets… these ones specifically. Mine are from HockeyShot, but that’s not the only place you can get them.
Here’s a great deal I found on Amazon:
Extreme Goal Targets – Installed in Seconds – Fits Any Regulation Size Net
- HELP YOU TO SCORE MORE GOALS – these smart hockey training aids will help you to improve your shooting precision
- PRACTICE LIKE THE PROS – these innovative premium hockey goal targets are used by more than 100 players in the NHL
- LET YOU TRY MULTIPLE ANGLES – it comes in a set of three targets so you can create drills that will improve your accuracy
- MADE FROM THE HIGHEST QUALITY – extremely durable lightweight material. After hitting the targets they return to their original position
- FITS ANY REGULATION SIZE HOCKEY NET – easy to install in seconds. The goal in the pictures is not included
Disclosure: Some of the links on this site are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
Why I keep these ones in my bag always:
- FOLDABLE AND SUPER LIGHTWEIGHT – This is huge! You want to have options incase a goalie can’t make it to practice, but you don’t want to be overloaded with heavy gear you only use once in a while. These sit flat in your bag, taking up almost no space, and are extremely lightweight.
- DURABLE MATERIAL – Despite being lightweight, these are very well-made. The targets are canvas, which can withstand even the hardest slap shots, and they’re fitted onto a bungee cord that reaches from one post to the other. Simple, but effective design!
- VARIETY BUILT IN – You can slide the targets to whatever position you want. Hang them high or low, or even at a diagonal.
Most of the time my goalies are stellar… but in the odd situation where one no-shows, you want to be prepared. Missing a player in practice is no big deal… missing a goalie makes for a lame practice!
These targets will save the day if and when you’re goalie has to miss practice!
Again, go to Table of Contents page for this series, and you’ll see all the other products… Everything that is in my very own coaching bag. By the end of this you’ll have seen everything I use in my coaching, and the reasons why I’m using each item.
Hope it helps! See you in the next video!
Jeremy Weiss (with his translator) presenting at a hockey coaching symposium for the Russian Federation in Moscow—2018.
Who is Jeremy Weiss?
Hockey coach and international consultant, Jeremy Weiss, has worked with thousands of coaches worldwide since 2008 to help produce championship teams at every age and skill level.
He is known internationally through the work he has done online. In 2008 he invented “digital chalktalks” which combined screen sharing with drill diagramming software, to produce a training experience nobody had ever seen before. His YouTube following quickly grew to over 19,000 subscribers, and he has produced over 130 training videos.
Jeremy runs a development blog for coaches, which has over 280 posts. He is the author of 10 hockey books for coaches, and is the editor of Hockey Development Magazine.
He was trained in the Eastern European style as a pre-teen, by his Czechoslovakian skills coach, and competed internationally as a “Wexford Raider” among the top youth hockey programs in the world including Russia, Czechoslovakia, Finland, and top teams in his home province Ontario, Canada.
He majored in Exercise Sciences at Brigham Young University, and subsequently worked as a Personal Trainer, where he continued to study and develop ideal training methods for hockey.
He has incorporated the very best pieces from the various training styles he has been involved in, and has built a world-class off-ice strength and conditioning program that fits the specific needs of hockey players.