High-Low Shooting is a Good Warm-up Drill for Everyone
Here’s another great hockey drill that I like to use particularly as a warm-up drill. It is quick-paced, and incorporates skating, stickhandling, and shooting in stride. It’s also great for goalies as it gets them moving side-to-side. Players must keep their heads up as they explode through the middle of the ice in opposite directions. Stress that the players keep their feet moving throughout the entire drill. Here’s the diagram and explanation:
1. Players are divided into 4 corners with pucks.
2. All 4 lines leave at the same time on the whistle.
3. Short lines go to first set of cones.
4. Long lines go to middle set of cones.
5. Players skate full speed through the cones, drive wide, and take a shot while keeping feet moving.
6. Players alternate lines each time.
USE THIS DRILL IN YOUR OWN PRACTICE PLAN:
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!