This power turn and passing drill is a great one for younger to intermediate age groups.
Use this drill to work on power turns, passing, and certain timing and support concepts with your youngsters. When done well, it’s a quick-paced drill that works on some of the key fundamentals that are important in the game of hockey.
Perpetual Power Turn and Passing
1. Run both sides at the same time
2. Drill starts with a “ghost man” (Gh) in each corner. After the first rotation the Gh isn’t needed anymore
3. Players follow the sequence executing power turns and passes as shown
4. After the last turn, the outside man drives wide and shoots
5. Inside man starts the drill going the opposite direction as the wide man
CLICK HERE for a PDF of the Perpetual Power Turn and Passing Drill