Season Planning, Clinic Agenda, & Your Questions Answered
I’ve received a lot of great feedback from folks who are excited about our upcoming coaching clinic THIS WEEK. Register today to secure your spot. I wanted to take a minute here to announce a few things, and answer a few questions.
SEASON PLANNING (FREE SAMPLE SESSION):
We’ll be running a LIVE training on season planning this Monday, August 10 from 6:00-7:00 PM (US Mountain Time). This will be a live example of the type of training you can expect during the actual clinics.
Sign up for the FREE sample session here: http://app.webinarjam.net/register/16866/af107fdee0 (this is a free sample, to register for the actual clinic see the button link below)
UPCOMING CLINIC AGENDA (AUG 13-15):
A few folks have asked for more details on what we plan to discuss. Here’s a general look at what will be covered, but topics are subject to change based on the needs of the participants. All times are US Mountain Time––Replays are available for people who can’t make a session (more details on that below):
- Aug. 13
- 7:00-9:00 PM: Welcome/Introduction; Overview of Program; Drill Share Setup; Philosophy
- Aug. 14
- 5:00-7:00 PM: Development Strategy; On-Ice Skill Development; Drill Development
- 8:00-10:00 PM: Tactical Play––Read & React, Support, Puck Protection, Timing, Read & React for Defensemen
- Aug. 15
- 8:00-10:00 AM: Season Planning (in depth); Bench Management
- 11:00 AM-1:00 PM: Defensive Zone Systems; Neutral Zone Play;
- 2:00-4:00 PM: Offensive Attack; Forechecking;
- 5:00-7:00 PM: Maintaining Offensive Pressure; Special Teams; Faceoffs
- 8:00-10:00 PM: Technology in Hockey––Video; Software; Apps
- 10:00-? PM: Final Q&A
In our survey, we had A LOT of requests for systems discussion; not just how to set-up, but how to beat specific setups as well. In the sessions we plan to hit both sides of the systems play––how to set-up, and how to beat certain setups. There will be lots of “digital chalk-talk” and live action examples in the systems segments.
YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED:
Over the past few days we’ve had a number of questions come in. Here are the answers to the main ones:
- Q: Can I split the registration fee among my coaching staff and have all 3 of us watch together?
- A: Absolutely! This would be a great way to get your whole staff on the same page for the upcoming season.
- Q: I live in a different time zone, what if I can’t make some of the sessions? Will I miss out by not watching it live?
- A: This has been the most common question. The platform we’re using offers what’s called a “REPLICA REPLAY.” This will replay the session AND the comments in real time, as if you were watching it live. You will also still have the ability to submit questions after the fact, and I’ll track those and answer them in subsequent sessions. In a nutshell, you will still get ALL the benefits of watching it live.
- Q: I’ve been following you for a long time. How much of the material covered will be new to this clinic?
- A: Tough question to quantify. A good portion of it will be new. Some of the topics will be found in other places/products of mine. However, we’ll be going into more depth here, and including a lot of live action videos of the concepts as well.
That’s it for now. Let me know if you have any other questions about the upcoming clinics or anything else.