Here’s one of my favorite Small Area Games to work 2 on 1’s and quick transitions
The Center Boundary 2 on 1 is a fabulous small area game drill that works on quick transitions and 2 on 1’s in tight areas. Since there are 6 players participating at once, there isn’t a lot of waiting around between turns. Keep the “shifts” short; between 1:00 to 1:30, and make sure the players are going hard the entire time! Here’s the explanation and diagram:
Center Line Boundary 2 on 1
1. Set up a 2 on 1 in each side.
2. Nobody can cross the center line.
3. When the defender gets the puck back, he/she must pass the puck across the line to the forwards on the other side.
I have been getting really good usage out of the Scott Fukami drill collections. These drill collections are phenomenal, and are filled with hundreds of REALLY GOOD, well-drawn drills. If you own DrillDraw, I highly recommend picking up all the drill sets.
Anaheim 2 on 1 Drill
**Drill starts on the whistle. Both ends at the same time.
1. On the whistle, the (F) makes a pass to the (D).
2. The (D) makes a return pass to the (F).
3. The (F) makes a pass to the second (F).
4. 2 on 1 back.